You have a passion for making a difference, you crave the opportunity to impact your community and you would describe yourself as someone who seeks a career with purpose. You have a strong internal drive that pushes you to seek challenging work in a collaborative, professional and reputable environment that does meaningful work in Calgary.
At Inn from the Cold, our mission is to offer shelter, sanctuary, and healing to assist homeless children and their families achieve independence. We need passionate, high-performing and solution-oriented team members to achieve our mission and have an exciting and challenging opportunity for the right candidate.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations, the Manager of Volunteer Resources is responsible for the provision of an extraordinary volunteer management program. The Manager assists in the recruitment, orientation, coordination, development, evaluation and recognition of a team of service volunteers. There is a responsibility to respond to the mission and vision of the Inn from the Cold within multiple sites and address the specific needs of various teams within the agency. The Manager leads Coordinators of Volunteer Resources within their respective programs as they provide support to individual and group volunteers. The Manager develops partnerships through collaborative efforts and maintains current knowledge of available resources within the community and maintains an up-to-date knowledge base of current volunteer management practices and theory.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Volunteer Resources Manager performs a wide range of duties which may include:
- Working closely with various organizations and program staff to meet the volunteer services needs of the agency.
- Implementing targeted and general recruitment strategies.
- Overseeing orientations, interviews, screenings and necessary reference checks for potential volunteers.
- Assisting Volunteer Coordinators with determining placement according to agency needs and volunteer capabilities.
- Ensuring that direct reports are apprised of role-specific standards, duties, and requirements.
- Managing and approving department budget for volunteer activities.
- Educating agency staff regarding volunteer programs, utilization, and supervision; maintains communication with agency staff regarding the effectiveness of volunteer programs.
- Engaging in ongoing solicitation of various agency feedback regarding current volunteer programs.
- Maintaining up-to-date volunteer recognition practices and policies; fosters continual evolution of recognition practices and policies.
- Creating and maintaining volunteer-program specific evaluations and auditing practices to monitor performance and compliance with roles, responsibilities and policies.
- Post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- Strong desire to help the homeless population in Calgary.
- Comfortable working with a diverse population.
- Able to work individually and as part of a team.
- Highly independent and takes initiative.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational and public relations skills.
- Strong in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Experience with Better Impact online database an asset.
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic atmosphere.
- Flexibility in work schedule, some evening and weekend hours may be required.
This position description reflects the general duties of the position, but is not intended to be a detailed description of all duties that may be inherent in the position. The Manager Volunteer Resources contract role may be asked to perform other duties as required or assigned.
Please send resumes to Marj Kyle, HR Associate, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only those selected will be contacted. No phone calls please.