COVID-19 Response – Information for Inn from the Cold’s community
March 17, 2020
Inn from the Cold (IFTC) is closely monitoring the spread of COVID-19 and regularly meeting with partners from the Calgary shelter community and officials from the local and provincial governments, including the Calgary Emergency Management Agency (CEMA).
We are committed to taking all and every precaution to reduce the risk of exposure to potential and existing shelter families, volunteers, and employees. The health, well-being and safety of IFTC’s people are paramount and are the goal of all the actions that we’re pursuing.
Effective immediately, the following precautionary measures are now in place:
- Inn from the Cold is no longer accepting donated items of any kind until further notice
- People who’d like to support the families that IFTC serves can do so by making a financial donation online at innfromthecold.org/donate
- Volunteer opportunities at 110 – 11 Avenue SW have been suspended until April 15 (Kitchen volunteers are not affected)
- Employees whose roles allow them to work from home will do so
IFTC event cancelations:
- The 11th annual Steps to End Homelessness on April 21st on the McHugh Bluff Stairs
Please visit this newsroom and Inn from the Cold’s Twitter and Facebook pages for updates as needed in the coming weeks.